Wednesday, July 20, 2011

american idol overload

so i honestly thought american idol would NEVER affect my life.
boy was i wrong!

charleston is hosting auditions for american idol at the city's convention center. little did i realize until today, that the convention center is located approximately 0.3 miles from my mcdonalds!

it was crazy today! seriously our lobby was full, our tables and chairs were full and the drive thru was backed up. and from what i heard, all the other surrounding restaurants were in similar positions. of course, being a business, we don't turn away anyone! so we kept at it and eventually served those starving singers!

hunter and i began work at 6am and got off at 3pm... but today felt like it dragged on forever! not a bad drag on but just super busy and hectic!

during my break(which started at 9am, and i had to find shelter in hunter's expedition) i reread my devotional.

1 Peter 1:6-7 "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ"

basically the three reasons we can withstand anything that comes our way:
1.what we are looking forward to = our magnificent inheritance of life with God
2. remember that every trial is a test, and trials make our faith stronger and more resilient
3. at the end of our lives, when we're with Jesus, we'll receive our rewards from him and his praise and glory and honor


seriously God was speaking straight to me today! i had become so stressed because of all the orders and customers! but He really showed me again how that no matter what trials are sent, he has been through them all and conquered the world and one day I'll be with him! seriously i can't wait to join Him!!


but on a less serious note, one of my coworkers made a very good observation: one of our american idol contestant customers could be THE next american idol. after that comment, i began trying to memorize faces and truly turned on my creepin skills!


ANOTHER bit of good news: some of my family is staying nearby at hilton head island this week and since I have friday off, I'm going to the beach with the Barbers! they are my crazy cousins and my awesome aunt and uncle from Jonesboro and I can't wait to spend the day with them! my uncle went to Arkansas and worked at Kanakuk during the summer(**SIDE NOTE: I got accepted to work at K-Kountry but God called me here.. but possibly next summer?). But I can't wait to tell them what all God is doing here in the Charleston area and just love on all the boys!


my dear friend Lauren Swood is also in South Carolina! she's from houston, but chose to come to the best university(what a smart cookie!) I'm hoping to hang out with her this afternoon or tonight! she's just such an amazing girl and I can't wait to see what happens this next year as we both lead bible studies back at Arkansas through CRU!


its just been so amazing recently!



but again, i'm feeling a bit homesick.. just missing my family and friends. can't wait to see everyone in less than two weeks!!


please continue praying for my coworkers, the inner city kids i play with on saturdays, project members(the other 44 college students here), lives that are changing, hearts to open, questions to be asked, american idol contestants not to base all their hopes in dreams in a celebrity status/their talent but alone in JC!

also pray for my lovely sister anna as she attends pine cove these next two weeks in tyler, tx! so jealous of her doing overflow.. but i know she'll learn ALOT! i loved pine cove and i'm so happy my friends work there and that anna is still young enough to attend as a camper!! pray for their amazing ministry as well as other christian camps such as kanakuk, war eagle, and sky ranch etc!



please pray for my continued growth as well. satan is attacking me in different areas, which is obviously a sign i'm growing and he's trying to stop me. well BRING IT ON! i am relying on Christ's strength and the knowledge that He has already overcome the world! such content in that thought! i'd really appreciate for you to continue to pray for my sanctification in Christ alone!



ALSO. new food obsession. bojangles(a fast food chain here in sc) sells boberry biscuits. they are SO SO SO addictive! this past week, hunter and i have eaten at bojangles and ordered the beautifully created boberry biscuits for breakfast. i guess i could use the excuse that we don't have bojangles in arkansas or texas?! but seriously they are apart of my new favorite foods!
*its a blueberry biscuit drizzled with icing. OH i'm drooling just describing themmmmm!!


okay, i'm going to hang out with swood now, but i hope this update(obviously) updated y'all on things going on here in chas!

k byeeee :)
-katie

No comments:

Post a Comment