Sunday, July 17, 2011

holy city holla

time here in charleston is coming to a close. i work two more weeks and then head home on august 2. i'm honestly already feeling a LOT of emotions.

work has been good. i've grown closer to a lot of my coworkers and heard some of their backgrounds. i've really enjoyed being a smiling face and a light in our workplace. this past friday night hunter and i were able to bring three of our coworkers to the movies to see harry potter! it was great to hang out with jessica, amanda, and kevin outside of work! :)

project has been really amazing. seriously i love my dgroup more and moreeeee! my discipler anna is just so wise and articulate. we had our first one on one since staff left and it was really eye opening.. we talked alot about relationships and guys - a favorite topic in all honesty! being the farthest from home, i do miss my dear family and friends soo i feel like that is a longing desire satan sometimes tries to take hold in my head. i've been worrying about a few random things like both of my grandfather's health and my sister as she continues to grow up this summer. i just love and miss everyone so much, that it can sometimes be a distraction.. but God is giving me strength to make it!

(PS if any of my friends are interested in picking me up at the airport.. i give y'all permission to call my parentals to get details! *i would LOVE to be welcomed back with some friend's faces seeing as within 8 hours of getting back to dallas, i'll be leaving with my family for a week long beach vacation!). but then again they may want to pick me up.. IDK it's all up in the air *LITERALLY :)

what elseeee?


this past saturday morning about 15 of us on project went to marion square(a local park that has vendors on the weekends) to talk with people about Christ and just really evangelize. my dgroup leader anna and i talked to vendor owners. we got some confused questions but also some awesome conversations. one lady was so happy to hear what we were doing that she gave us a free bag of her amazing lemon cookies(DELICIOUS). it was just really cool to talk with people who were busy but willing to talk, and just be in a hectic, somewhat time pressured situation all in order to get a quick get to know you/share the gospel!

seriously its been so good these past couple days!!!


but i have looked at a calendar, and i realize i only have two weeks left! CRAZY!
time really has flown! please pray i continue to take advantage of every opportunity, conversation, ability to fellowship, worship full out, etc. seriously please continue to pray for the charleston community, God is working here!!



*i'd love letters of encouragement, and you'd def get a snail mail response so write me at:
katie whitehurst
146 lockwood blvd.
charleston, sc 29403


goodnight everyone!
love, katie

No comments:

Post a Comment